Gilks' Garage Café
Kineton, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
The Gilks' business can trace its roots back to 1904 when George Gilks set up a blacksmith shop in the Market Square, Kineton. For many years the garage supplied petrol to the local community but in 2019 the decision was made to reinvigorate the family business. The showrooms were turned into a themed café and a kitchen extension built. The cafe's theme is based on the history and heritage of the site, including original display items from the different eras.
The café area is illuminated using the Thorlux heritage pendant range. The reflector for every pendant is hand spun from mild steel using the original machines and tooling and is finished in original-colour vitreous enamel for a long-lasting high gloss finish. LED lamps complement the longevity of the product and offer significant energy savings.
The café is located on the outskirts of Kineton so be sure to pop in for an M.O.T. (mug of tea) if you are passing.
Location: Gilks’ Garage Café, Banbury Road, Kineton, Warwickshire, CV35 0JZ